Monday, March 28, 2011

covered

i apologize ahead of time if you read this....look yesterday i was listening to Tribute by Tencoius D and also Ode to Billy Joe....so somehow it influenced me to spit this out...it's a song about a song that no one can hear like tribute and has some mystery like ode to billy joe by Bobby Gentry...but it sucks ...not a hit like them...and in this blog i'm not trying to edit and polish...it's more like an open journal

this is about the song 'Covered'
that no one ever covered
except of course for my ex-lover
yes the master tapes from me she covered
behind the drapes given to her by her mother
i had no time so i just shoved her
and ran to my appointment with a man named Glover
who owned a small record company also called Glover
but the sky with clouds it was covered
and i searched my bag for more tapes but there was no other
i tried to explain how i lost the tapes to my song 'Covered'
but he said sorry were just looking for original material brother
then quickly left me to talk to another
i looked outside and the clouds they still hovered
and as i walked home with rain i was covered
and the tapes were never recovered
and i couldn't just record another
you see i was arrested for domestic violence brother
she dropped the charges if i forgot about 'Covered'
and all the other secrets about my ex-lover

No comments:

Post a Comment