Tuesday, March 29, 2011

just an hombre drinking a beer (that sweet summer hail)


i'm just an hombre drinking a beer
yes i'm just an hombre drinking a beer

i was just an hombre drinking a beer
when a fella muttered something and got a little too near
what happened next well it isn't so clear
but i tipped ol' Henry and ran out the rear

my mother said to go south my father said to go north
my mother gave me the truck keys my father gave me his horse
so i kissed them both, and told them adios
then took that steed on a southern course

and as soon as i left, oh the man was on my trail
but good ol' mother nature must be my guardian angel
cuz i hid in a cave trying to avoid a mexican jail
and took a siesta during that sweet summer hail

and now i live on an island where the waters are clear
the locals call me their son their sage and their seer
but if youre looking for reward dont you come over here
cuz i'm just an hombre drinking a beer
yes i'm just an hombre drinking, drinking,drinking a beer

No comments:

Post a Comment